The Atlas Listeria LSP Detection Assay is a rapid, highly accurate molecular assay test designed for food and environmental samples. The assay tests for the presence of Listeria, a genus of bacteria that can cause disease in humans through an infection known as listeriosis. Species of Listeria bacteria have been found in a variety of raw foods, such as uncooked meats, fruits, and vegetables, as well as in foods that become contaminated after cooking or processing.
Compared to other pathogen detection systems, the Atlas Listeria LSP Detection Assay, which is run on the Atlas System, provides a shortened enrichment time and enhanced sensitivity, offering unparalleled ease of use. By providing a fast and accurate result, the assay enables earlier intervention and preservation of product quality. While other tests require tedious multistep preparation processes, the Atlas Listeria LSP Detection Assay has an easy 3-step process that streamlines testing for Listeria species, helping your laboratory progress rapidly from sample to results:
EASY 3-STEP PROCEDURE
- Enrich—a single enrichment step with commercially available media; 24 hours for Listeria in Half-Fraser broth
- Transfer—no multichannel pipetting, centrifugation, or heating required
- Automate—place the transfer tube directly into the instrument and walk away
The assay’s simple upstream processing capability, combined with the powerful Atlas System platform, provides rapid, reliable results while optimizing throughput and efficiency.
It’s never been easier to get the results you need.
Assay Features and Benefits
The combined power of the Atlas Listeria LSP Detection Assay and the Atlas System provides the following benefits to your laboratory:
- The assay requires minimal hands-on time to reconstitute reagents
- With its simple, one-time reconstitution, lack of requirement for secondary enrichment, and extended reagent shelf life, the assay helps save time
- Results from prepared samples are available in as little as 3 hours
- The assay can process 300 samples in an 8-hour period
- Roka Bioscience’s powerful molecular technology enhances the sensitivity and specificity of the assay
- Use of innovative docking collars assures accurate reconstitution
- No measuring or extra equipment is required, further simplifying reconstitution
- Color-coded labels simplify reagent identification and reconstitution
- The labels help laboratory technicians identity and pair each reconstitution solution with its appropriate reagent, while ensuring proper placement of each reagent on the reagent rack
- The Atlas Listeria LSP Detection Assay kit offers extended stability
- The kit is manufactured with 18 months’ dating, providing ease in ordering, optimized inventory control, and efficient use of reagents
- Easy storage of reagents enables more efficient use of lab facilities
- Minimal refrigerator room is required for reagent storage
- The assay offers two convenient ways to store reconstituted reagents:
- Continuous storage on instrument for 96 hours
- Once reconstituted, return to refrigerator for up to 30 days’ storage
- The assay’s simple, one-step sample preparation makes it easier to prepare assay reagents, with no pipetting required
- With 250 tests per kit, “hands-on” requirements are minimized
- Automated reagent tracking and usage enables true “walk-away” automation
- There is no need to batch with continuous-access sample loading
- The assay’s intuitively guided user interface requires minimal training
The Atlas Listeria LSP Detection Assay is run on the Atlas System. Together, they create a completely integrated system that provides the most reliable and efficient Listeria testing available today.
The Atlas Listeria LSP Detection Assay harnesses the strength of three proven molecular technologies—Target Capture, Transcription-Mediated Amplification (TMA), and a Hybridization Protection Assay (HPA)—to reduce false-positives and -negatives. The result is increased sensitivity and specificity, minimizing the need for cumbersome retesting, even in the most difficult matrices.